Lossless IMF playback and review
Play IMF content with tools designed to verify files and deliver accurate IMF packages to desired specifications. Download a free trial to experience Iris IMF.*
Leverage Iris for IMF
The Interoperable Master Format (IMF) is a standardized international file-based data interchange structure for packaging distribution quality audio and visual content. IMF is built around a core framework that includes essence containers, audio and timed text essence formats, descriptive metadata, playlists, delivery logic and more. It’s estimated that IMF will result in 95% commonality in editorial and technical versions for repurposing to different distribution channels while minimizing redundancy and storage requirements.
How Iris can help with IMF workflow:
- Iris can play IMF packages on a traditional windows based computer!
- Iris automatically checks packaged IMF XML files to confirm development is in accordance with the rules
- Iris remembers what’s been previously checked when new versions and languages are finished
What this means for you:
- Minimizes additional investment in expensive IMF video editing equipment to view the final packages
- Saves time in quality control review when new files are completed
- Reduces storage by avoiding redundancy
Playlists – Build a list of any media type including 4K HDR or DCP and apply mark in/out, scaling and volume settings to each file.
HDR simulation – Conversion displays what the content would look like on a HDR monitor without an HDR monitor!
Horizontal Progress and Seek Bar – Play head indicates the current position of the playback and allows the user to randomly seek to any position of the video.
Time Display – Change display to ‘tape time code, control time code, time position, frame.
Search and Jump to the desired play position.
View Status – A clear panel displays CPU load, media format, bit rate, errors, SDI status and more.
Audio Control – Includes level adjustments and mute and un-mute.
Robust Tools – Such as the “Digital Grease Pencil” on-image markup allows user to annotate a video frame with objects such as rectangles, ellipses, lines, arrows and text, list box, and styles from the respective drop down list boxes.
Captions and Subtitles
Captions and subtitle viewers with location grid and safe area overlays whether to extract ‘live’ captions in real time from the video source file as well as to ‘pre-process’ the files prior to playback so that the dialogue appears in the Caption Viewer.
Change display to tape time code, control time code, time position and frame. Includes level adjustments and mute and un-mute.
The “Digital Grease Pencil” enables easy markup where annotations can be made to a video frame with multiple shapes and text.
Captions and Subtitles
Extract ‘live’ captions in real time from the video source file as well as to ‘pre-process’ files prior to playback – displaying dialogue in the Caption Viewer.
Compare all versions of Iris
- Player Tools
- Playlist & Status Panel0
- Time Code Display & HDMI Out0
- Metadata Display0
- Metadata Template Matching0
- Import Error Report File*0
- Project Tools0
- Annotations and Message Board0
- Photon 0
- Video Tools0
- Video Scaling0
- Built-in Test Patterns0
- Frame Sequences0
- Video Waveform Monitor0
- Advanced Test Patterns0
- Audio Tools
- Audio Router & Meter0
- Play Related Audio Files0
- Loudness Monitor (CALM Act) 0
- Audio Phase Meter0
- Audio Waveform Display0
- Caption Viewer0
- Live Embedded Captions/Sub-Titles0
- Pre-Processed Captions/Sidecar Files0
- View Multiple Captions Simultaneously0
- Hardware Support0
- SDI Out - BLUEFISH, AJA and BlackMagic 0
- Sony 9-pin RS422 Remote Control Support0
- Iris 4K/HDR
- Iris IMF
- Iris QC Pro
*Decoding IMF can be very CPU intensive (e.g JPEG2000 files) and may require very robust hardware.
Try Iris IMF Today
Iris IMF can change the way you work, download a 30-day trial today!